sending good thoughts to our hospitals-加油！
Hwa Chong JC Alumni launched a call for donations for gifts in appreciation of Tan Tock Seng Hospital's NCID frontline staff in early March, and we were heartened by the swift and generous response! Follow Hwa Chong JC Alumni on Instagram and Facebook to read our interesting encounters in this process.
A first round of delivery was made to Tan Tock Seng Hospital (read all about it here). After discussion with hospital representatives, two more rounds of delivery were done to present gifts and notes of appreciation for Ng Teng Fong Hospital, Singapore General Hospital, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, and Sengkang Hospital.
1. $1,000 worth of Capitaland vouchers from HCJC Alumni donation drive were presented to Singapore General Hospital and Sengkang Hospital for cleaning staff.
2. 1000 Toastbox $5-vouchers from alumni Justin were presented to Singapore General Hospital, Ng Teng Fong Hospital and Sengkang Hospital.
3. 1500 bottles (out of 5000 bottles) of hand sanitizers donated by Q&M Dental Group, and hand-packed by HCI students and Parents Support Group, were presented to Singapore General Hospital, Ng Teng Fong Hospital, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and Sengkang Hospital. Alumni Dr Ng Chin Siau (86S74) from Q&M presented 3500 bottles to Hwa Chong Institution for all students and staff.
4. 280 bottles (out of 500 bottles) of cookies from Mdm Ling Bakery (500 bottles of cookies) were presented to Singapore General Hospital, Ng Teng Fong Hospital, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and Sengkang Hospital. Alumni Jung Hong & Hong Yee (batch 04/05) from Madam Ling Bakery presented 220 bottles of cookies to Hwa Chong Institution for its cleaning and security teams.
5. The gifts to Ng Teng Fong Hospital, Singapore General Hospital, Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, and Sengkang Hospital were accompanied by 4 framed Appreciation Cards prepared by Hwa Chong Institution's 7th Students' National Education Council and Hwa Chong JC Alumni, comprising special messages from HCI students, teachers and staff.
We thank all donors, HCJC Alumni volunteers, Hwa Chong Institution students and staff for your willing hearts and helping hands. This is but a small gesture of appreciation for our hospitals and medical staff all over Singapore, bearing the brunt of the Covid-19 situation. Let us all continue to do our part to lighten their loads - stay well, stay healthy, stay optimistic! #hcappreciate #bighearts
Click on Photo Gallery (http://www.jiayouhospitals.hwachongjcalumni.org.sg/) to see more pics.